14. "Safe environment" programs portray almost anyone as a potential abuser. This undermines family trust - even teaching that the parent or sibling can be abusers. The role of the school is not to undermine the role of the family. The Jay Report found that homosexual priests were responsible for 80% of church related abuse. This fact is largely ignored in "safe environment" programs. Authors of these programs disregard the Jay Report findings and place blame on everyone else.
15. The origins of many "safe environment" programs are secular- of the Planned Parenthood milieu . "Talk About Touching" developed from a group which originally sought to legalize prostitution. The Programs have also hidden political agendas such as feminism, homosexuality, and gun control.
16. The programs are reflective of the Pelagian heresy. That is, they are self -help programs. They ignore the real Safe Environment inherent in living the ordinary life of a Catholic under the Providential gaze of God. What is needed is a focus of fostering true Faith - complete with the scapular, holy water, prayer and the rosary, our guardian angels, etc.
17. "Safe environment" programs take time away from academic subjects, including Christian Doctrine.
18. Measurements of reported success are questionable. One can measure increase in knowledge, but what about the accompanying impure thoughts? What criteria measure the averted disasters? What criteria measure the actual child abuse incidents? Measurement of numbers of child abuse incidents can be calculated in communities with "safe environment" programs, but how can cause and effect be correlated?
19. The so called "good" of these programs and the numbers of satisfied parents can never justify the bad means - the "safe environment" classroom school programs themselves.
20. The name, “safe environment” is a lie. These programs are not safe or good for children. They traumatize and sexualize our children. They must be vigorously resisted.